Monday, November 22, 2010

Here in TN...







Since we've been in Tennessee...

We've been settling in and enjoying our new scenery and spending time with family and friends. But mostly, I've been trying to keep our little stinker from getting in to trouble. I won't tell you ALL the things that she has gotten into, but I will say that several things have been broken and there were dentures on the bathroom floor Friday morning. It has been a challenge for us to make Mamaw Lizzy's lovely home childproof, and just when I think there's nothing Hannah can get into, she has proved me wrong. All I did the first 5 days was follow her around. Now that we're learning what we can and can't touch and where we can and can't go, AND put up 3 gates, things are a little easier.

We are really enjoying life in Tennessee so far. Matt's job is stressful at the moment, but he is learning and growing. He is off work at 11 on Fridays, so this last week we took a short trip to a local playground that is amazing!!! It's in Warrior's Path State Park and it really is the best playground I've even seen. It has a "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" theme around the perimeter, a huge tree house, and a variety of playground equipment levels, some were easy enough for Hannah to play on at her age. There are so many outdoorsy things I've missed doing and I'm excited to be back near places that I feel comfortable exploring. We love love love our church, being able to wear our UT colors with pride, and going to our old favorite places to eat and hangout.

With all that said, we are still missing our home and life in SC. Although life here is good, there are still some challenges with the move and it's hard, but we're just trying to move on and enjoy this new chapter of life.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've missed you and your blog updates! So glad that you are in Tennessee and hope you can get settled in soon! (Little kiddos get into everything in a new place, it seems like!)

Hannah's hair seems like it has gotten long in these pictures all of a sudden! You'll be able to do pigtails soon! :) Love that little cheerleader picture!

Miss you!!