5:50 wake up to slice and pack Chocolate Pecan Pie (Pioneer Woman recipe, she beat Bobby Flay with minus the chocolate. *I would love to have her cookbook hint hint*) for Matt to take to his work's Thanksgiving luncheon. Lay back down, doze off.
6:30 Matt kisses me goodbye and I sleepily tell him to "Ha a goo dayyy, luvvv youu"
6:33 get a phone call from Matt who is locked outside (not typcial). He needs to take a untensil for the pie...of course! So I run as fast as sleepy person can to the kitchen, and all I can find in Mamaw Lizzy's utensils is a cake spatula, so it will have to do. Back to bed.
7:15 I hear Hannah's sweet voice talking in her room. I go in and pick her up, and taker her to the kitchen to get some milk. We go in the back room, open the blinds, and turn on the Today show. I either turn on the Today show or WayFM online to listen to Brant in the Morning. We watched the weather and then looked outside. Hannah heard some birds so we tried to find them.
a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiv5cK5f8IQX7JIfIGTPZLFqp3g4KmT-eXmPaxTRWXdBhknHrwLyAdc-K-OJ5FZ9kPX2BpVoKvjpXOR3swjgPxJWIgUAUFehvaOF2YpqPeMViPB4NT2S9ZCuEWHzIoRKcXeWwQfUB6XFZw/s1600/IMG_2663.JPG">
7:30 Breakfast: Iron skillet toast (I've found that almost everything tastes better in an iron skillet) and an orange for breakfast. Hannah LOVES oranges! She ate most of it herself. Then threw a little fit when it was all gone. First mini tantrum of the day. I will spare you pictures of that.....it only lasted about 30 seconds. We have found the best way is to ignore her and give her space. Normally she comes and sits on our lap after she is done.
<
8:00-9:45 After cleaning up breakfast and recovering from the tantrum we go to Hannah's room to get her dressed and ready for the day. She watches me brush my teeth and wash my face. Then she follows me around or hides from me while I sort clothes, throw them in the washer, tidy up, and then we play and read and greet Mamaw Lizzy when she wakes up. I also gave her some applesauce, as a late morning snack...which is needed some days.
9:45 Naptime...Hannah's patience is wearing thin (as you can see) so I say "Let's go find Dolly and take a nap" She runs to her room, grabs Dolly and is ready to lay down. Turn off the lights and turn on the sound machine.
9:45-11:30 Check email. Read. Call Mamaw Bible and Leslie. Talk with Mamaw Lizzy. Do more laundry. Tidy up. Fold Laundry. Disinfect some toys. Put Dinner in the crockpot, drink- I mean taste- left over beer from the marinade, decide it's gross, throw it out. Take out recycling and trash. Sit down for a bit. Decide to wait until Hannah wakes up to shower. Watch Hot topics on The View.
11:30 Hannah is finally awake (longer nap than normal- I think it's bc of the bottom molar she is teething) Hannah drinks a tiny bit of milk on my lap, run around the house like a crazy person for a minute. Then I put her in her room for some independent play time while I get a quick shower. After I'm out of the shower, I open the bathroom door so she can watch me get ready while she plays. She usually laughs at me, because it's apparently just hilarious when I brush my teeth and dry my hair.
12:15 Warm up lunch- left over copycat Olive Garden Minestrone, pretty close to the real deal. Hannah and Mamaw Lizzy liked it so it must be good. Hannah eats fast so we were done by 12:35, I do dishes while Hannah runs around my legs and wants me to hold her. Dishes are more time consuming these days with no dish washer, so I try to do them twice a day to make things quicker. Then we play for a while, Hannah is loving hide and seek at the moment, as in I hide and she finds me. Then we vaccum and watch Mamaw shake some rugs outside. Normally we go outside or run errands at this time, but it is raining today so we have to find things to do inside. Like, walk up and down a pile of rugs, dance (which happens spontaneously throughout the day, even with no music...Hannah just loves to "dince"), read books on the bed (or climb the walls while Mommy tries to get Hannah to sit still).
2:00 Naptime again, and she is ready ready! Runs to the crib, I plop her in, play with her hair, and she is quiet as can be. I use her afternoon naptime to relax and really do whatever I want to do. Today I made a few phone calls, worked on this blog post, and laid down for a while.
3:55 Knock at the door, it's Papaw Jim and Granna! And Hannah is awake (another longer than normal nap), so I go in to get her out of her crib, and get her milk. She see's our special guests on the way to the kitchen and says "Heyyy" So we hang out while she drinks her milk. She wants to sit in Granna's lap, but is being shy around Papaw Jim. We end up just hanging out and until Matt comes home.
5:10 Matt comes home. Yay!
5:20 Hannah just can't wait any longer to eat, so Granna feeds her while I finish the dinner prep. Hannah eats a cup of the minestrone AND a whole cup of blueberry yogurt. Big Dinner! Then she plays with the spoon to try to feed herself.
5:45 We have plenty of food, so Granna and Papaw Jim decide to stay for dinner. We eat while Hannah runs around and occasionally comes to sit on my lap for a bite of bread. Somehow the pie I made did not get eaten at Matt's luncheon, so we also get to eat that with dinner. Very good, but very rich! Then we watch some news and play with Hannah until it's time for her bath.
6:50 Bathtime! We say "Let's go take a bath" and Hannah runs to the bathroom. Tonight we washed her hair, which we only do about once a week or until it looks bad, because she hates it so much and her hair stays pretty clean. But tonight she did really well. Matt usually does the hair washing, she seems to fuss less when he does it.
7:15 Hannah's clean and in her PJ's and ready for bed. She usually gives out one kiss on the cheek and blows the rest of the kisses. I lay her down and sing her "Jesus Loves You" and by that time she is quiet and ready to sleep.
7:20 Help Mamaw Lizzy clean up the kitchen and we sit and chat with her. She tells us about a story of this little boy putting a bean up his nose and it sprouted! Thank goodness Hannah's nostrils are too little to fit anything...at least I hope.
7:50 We hear Hannah talking, but she is quiet again and goes to sleep
From now until 9:30 Matt and I just hang out or watch TV. There was nothing on tonight, so we talked and he studied a bit (for the new job), I distracted him, and we talked to Mamaw Lizzy a little more. We ended up watching the end of Biggest Loser while I packed his lunch and prepared his coffee for the next day.
10:00 In bed
And that's our day!
3 comments:
So glad you are getting settled in TN.
Hannah's hair is so long & pretty! I love it! I never know how to part Anna's hair.
I laughed at the picture of Hannah fussing... I have sooo many memories of Anna doing that. Oh wait, she made that same face tonight.
My favorite picture: you holding Hannah after her bathtime. So sweet.
Love your day in the life! We miss you! Please join Facebook! I got the Canon Rebel as an early Christmas gift this past weekend. I'm so excited!
Love, Adriane R.
Loved this peek into your life! Especially the peek into your drinking habits - before noon is a little early, dontcha think ;)
Also, Hannah's hair is beautiful even on dirty days! So long and soft looking.
Thanks for sharing! I may have to do one of these someday soon!
Post a Comment