Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our First Beach Vacation as a Family of 3

We've been home since Thursday night, we were ready to come home after 5 full days, but now I"m ready to go back. I miss the ocean. But we don't live too far, so we've talked about making weekend trips...we'll see. It was such a fun and relaxing week. Hannah seemed to really enjoy it. The sand and the water didn't bother her and she would walk, holding our hands along the water line and smile when the water would come up to her feet. The water was too rough for her to go in with us, but Matt and I played in the waves on the first day. Later in the week the waves were bigger and undertow was stronger from Hurricane Earl, so the life guards were having to pull a few people back to shore...so we stayed safely on shore.

It was nice to have mom and dad there for part of the week. They let us use a week of their timeshare and they helped out a lot with Hannah! Matt and I went out on a date night and they took Hannah on a walk to the boardwalk and dinner at a bar...a family-friendly, on the ocean bar. :)

The weather was perfect, Hannah slept good, we ate a lot of good food, and made a lot of fun memories!

My only regret is that I didn't get the creative and candid beach photos that I had planned on, but there's always next time!
Mom has more pictures on her camera so I will post those when I can.


Our view in the morning...I would take Hannah out on the balcony or by the window to drink her cup of milk to start the day.



After Dinner in Murrell's Inlet...so beautiful!




Donuts! The best and no Hannah didn't eat any, but she did try some ice cream for the first time and through an absolute fit because I wasn't giving her enough so I think we're going to wait a little longer before we give her more ice cream.

Trying to call home.



Checking out the boats after dinner in Calabash, NC


Pool time!


Morning walk by the beach with Mimi.


My Beach Bum Hubby :)



Ready to sleep on the ride home.

1 comment:

Lauren V. said...

Yay for a successful beach trip! What fun :) I'm glad it was a good time for all of you!