Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hannah's walker

Hannah needs some motivation and assistance learning to walk. She is pretty content with crawling around, like she was with the rolling...*sigh* She was more interested in walking BEFORE she learned how to crawl, so we decided to get her one of those funny walkers for babies. Its pretty much like what they have for the elderly, except with lights and sounds to get the babies excited. So far she is having fun with it and in just two days we can see a bit of a difference!






On a side note, mom mentioned I may have come across the wrong way in my "encouragement" post when I mentioned we don't buy Hannah lots of toys. Let me clarify, Hannah has toys and more than what she really needs probably. She has a little basket in the living room, our bedroom, and her room. We just don't want to get into the mindset of buying her every toy out there. I don't even walk down the toy isle because it's hard for ME not to buy her things every time we go to the store. We want her to have the mindset of being a giver and appreciating what she has. Right now her favorite toys are pulling books of the shelf and tupperware out of the cupboard, we have to encourage her to play with her real toys! Also, having a house without a lot of storage space has really challenged us to question what we need to keep and what is not needed. It has turned us into somewhat minimalists which has been a blessing. It's really nice not to have a lot of things cluttering your home. If we don't use it, give it away or sell it on craigslist :) haha I think I got a little sidetracked here, but just some thoughts so you know Hannah is not a deprived child. She gets lots of LOVE and that is the most important thing!

1 comment:

B and R Davenport said...

I never never never never never would ever ever ever think Hannah is a deprived child. Your post did not come off weird to me at all, Brent and I share the mindset of you and Matt. You are a great mommy and Hannah is a happy, wonderful, taken care of little girl!