Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend


Flowers from Christine's garden!


Hannah with Granna and Papaw Jim


Matt helping us get ready for the party :)

I did most the opening and Hannah watched or crawled away in search for the kitty cat




I'm just now unloading pictures from our trip to TN this past weekend. Since we've been home, it's been hot hot hot so we've been going to the pool and getting lots of vitamin D from the sunshine which leaves us pretty tired by the end of the day! We went to stay with Matt's family for the 4th of July weekend and had Hannah's 2nd, 1st Birthday party! haha She spent most the weekend and the party trying to get Lacy, the not so friendly kitty cat. She wasn't very interested in opening her presents, and she got some really cool stuff! She also was not too interested in her cake, once again. I tried a new recipe, but she just didn't want it. Mamaw Lizzy enjoyed it! It was an apricot wheat cake with apricot cream cheese icing. I even liked it and Hannah has been eating the leftover pieces I put in the freezer (without the icing) since we've been home, but she wouldn't dig in for her big audience. It was still entertaining. I did not take many pictures myself and I gave the camera to Matt, apparently on the wrong setting so most of the pictures I do have are blurred. SO... I'm hoping to get some pictures from other people's cameras.

We had another itty bitty baby at the party. Brooke and David's little 6 week old was there and she is super cute! Hannah wanted to touch her, but she doesn't know how to be very gentle in certain situations just yet, so we had to keep them separated.

On Sunday we took Hannah to church and she did really good in the nursery, which was a new place to her. We tried to eat mexican food after church, but they were all closed for the 4th of July, go figure! That night, Matt and I headed back to SC and we were able to see a little bit of each town's firework show. It was fun to be driving down the interstate and see fireworks ahead of you :) Maybe next year Hannah will get to see some fireworks!

No comments: