Friday, July 2, 2010

25 going on 80...


My first orchid from my sweet hubby

So yesterday I turned the big 25, mid-twenties, YIKES! Matt says I'm going on 80 which is even worse. :( It's sadly true. It wasn't too many years ago that I was knocking on his door to play in the rain puddles with Amanda and I, because we we're silly and spontaneous like that. He turned us down, big surprise! I also used to jump off small waterfalls and twice, a 40 foot cliff at Rock Island. I went backpacking for up to 3 days at a time in the wilderness, not car camping ya'll, and bungie jumped, and got muddy often, and drove my little camry with a car full of girls on vacant icy parking lots in the winter (Yes...Mom and Dad, I did that...sorry). I had crazy fun and lots of it. I was fearless, and then I got married and moved to a place I didn't know, and had a baby, and the most exciting thing I've done in the last year is ride a go-cart through the country with Stefan because he made me.

Life has changed A LOT, but I love our predictable, simple, and slow-paced life. I like sitting on the front porch with Matt and watch the kiddos next door or our sometimes weird neighbors and talk about the "Good Ole Days" AKA College or our future. I like watching sports passively with Matt and reading a magazine or book at the same time. I do want to pass on my adventurous spirit to Hannah, but I don't necessarily like the idea of her jumping off things into water or a big bubble of air. So with that being said, I'm putting down my knitting needles and I'm going skydiving!!! Okay not really, but maybe one day...if Matt will go with me ;)



Guess who did the dishes for me at 6AM? Sweet! (Hannah tried to take the sign down)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was everything you wanted. :)

I kinda cringed reading some of those adventures.....but that's part of being a teenanger I guess.....remember I was there once too. Yikes!! But it does put a whole new perspective on things when you have kids yourself....doesn't it?

Guess what? Hannah will do all those and probably more and hopefully will be blogging (probably will be a thing for old folks) one day about her free spirited years that she yearns for while her little one is sleeping. Now that is something to think about.....isn't it? But don't think to hard about those things right now....just enjoy being 25 and all that you are blessed with. Happy Birthday!!

hugs,
mom

Anonymous said...

getting hannah to jump off of tall things into pools of water is my job. just don't worry when she is old enough to come visit by herself, as far as you know we are doing MCAT practice.

B and R Davenport said...

I am glad to say I am one of the girls that did a lot of those things with you! :) love ya :)