Saturday, January 16, 2010

Carrots and Apples


Hannah's first baby food besides oatmeal has been apples, which she liked almost immediately. Carrots was the next food we introduced and as you can see below, she was not crazy about at first. So now we mix it with rice cereal and add more carrots each day. She is enjoying the taste better this way. I try everything she eats and it's not bad...it's not great either but it's edible. We also have these little "munchkin" brand net-chewy things that you can put apples, bananas, avacados....or whatever you can imagine in and she chews and sucks on those. She can suck the life out of an apple slice! Next up, peas and bananas. I'm starting to cook her baby food next week. I've checked these books out of the library and it looks pretty simple and healthy:Cooking for Baby and Superfoods for Baby, and Healthy Baby Meal Planner.


We're still working on sleeping through the night but so far we've gone from crying for 15-20 minutes to wimpering, to talking. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I hope the progress continues. :) I'm feeling pretty good and I see a pattern emerging. Hopefully we'll have a schedule soon.



Here it comes....wincing


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....I am laughing till I cry. That face is so funny, cute and yet I feel her pain. I can only imagine what she does when she tries green beans or spinach. Have the camera near by.

I can't wait to feed her french fries. :) mom

Karen said...

OK, everybody listen up! I am the designated great-aunt who STRONGLY REQUESTS that I be that special person to feed her that first gallon of Breyers Cherry Vanilla ice cream!
I love the pics and as usual they made my day! Love to you all....

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at those faces. lol, lol
mom