Today Mike and Wally are at a new home. Yeah, it's different without them here but they are HAPPY!! Since Hannah joined our family my priorities have shifted quite a bit and my time with the boys was less and less. Besides feeding them, letting them outside to potty or play, and Matt and I tucking them in at night, they were on their own. They were taken care of but they are the type of dogs that need interaction with people and they deserved more love than we were giving them. To make a long story short, we found a family about 10 minutes down the road who had recently lost two dogs who were very similar to Mike and Wally. They have 3 children and one other dog who missed his buddies. The wife was a previous vet tech and now a stay at home mom. They came yesterday with their youngest girls and they immediately ran to Wally and he was in heaven!! Despite Mike jumping up and down with excitement the little girls were not scared of him in the slightest. I think Matt and I were more cautious with them than the mom was. She was really laid back and we packed up all their belonging and sent them on their way. I know they're dogs but they were our first "babies" and it was very sad to see them go but I truly believe and know that they will be happier with their new family. Danielle, the mom, called me last night to let me know that Mike had calmed down and they had a great afternoon with the boys. We will be able to visit them whenever we want so that is good too!
I know some of you may think what we did was horrible but I think we did the best thing for the boys. Not everyone who has a baby will make the same decision that we did. We had just never gotten to the point where they could be inside and chill out. So when they were in the room we couldn't just relax. Every family is different and they seemed a lot more laid back about certain things than we are so I think that will be good for the boys.
So I'm taking the pictures off the side bar since they're not ours anymore. :( There were good little boys and we miss them... I'm looking at the holes that they left in the yard as we speak. We might fill them in or we might leave them for a while.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of the boys....miss you and see you soon boys!
2 comments:
Oh, how sad! But I too believe that you did the right thing even though it was so very hard to make that final decision. Letting go is never easy.... as you stated, you can visit often and later Hannah will come to realize that the boys were there first.... Lots of love to you all
Linds - I know it's sad, Lord knows I cried a ton over the THOUGHT of even giving Ben away. If I had found someone good to take him, I probably would have done the same - without a baby! I'm glad you found such a great situation for them!
Post a Comment