Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things I love about being pregnant and things I don't love so much...

In no particular order...

5 Things I love:

1. The excitement of being a new mommy.
2. Having a "reason" to eat ice cream almost everyday :)
3. Having softer skin, thicker hair, and fast growing nails.
4. The help you are offered at the grocery store and the grace you are given by store clerks when you knock off 3 bottles, 2 baby shampoos, and 3 boxes of infant tylenol onto the floor while trying to reach the diapers. OOPS!
5. The sweet stories and helpful tips that strangers offer on a daily basis.


5 Things I don't love so much:

1. My baby belly hitting the counter while cooking and brushing teeth. Luckily no hazzardous kitchen accidents yet, but I have frequent toothpaste droppings and crumbs on my shirt where my belly catches any messes (Matt thinks this it's hillarious when he finds them before I do...I'm glad I can make you laugh Honey).
2. Unwelcome horror stories of pregnancy and childbirth from strangers in line at the store. (but they always wish me luck afterwards....Thanks??)
3. Sweaty feet (yes, unfortunately this has become an issue for me)
4. Falling over like a bug when you bend over to pick up anything (this is a new development, only one instance so far). It's hard to get back up...
5. Bladder control/going to pee at least twice a night. It's not easy to even get out of bed these days, let alone when you're half a sleep and about to pee on yourself. (mom says this is God's way of preparing me to wake up at night with the baby, she's probably right)

But seriously, despite any unpleasant changes that come with pregnancy, it is amazing to know that a sweet little baby is being formed inside me. It's definately worth the work and the wait....not much longer :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, how sweet! Just be glad you didn't drop a jar of pickles. But remember, that is what you do when your water breaks in the grocery store. haha

Take care, and by the way.....I'm almost packed.

mom

Lauren said...

Haha, loved this! If you fall over again, not that it's funny or anything, but please let me know so I can JOIN in your laughter. We laughed together about me falling so much I feel it's my due ;) Can't wait to see pics of baby Hannah SO SOON!