Thursday, December 16, 2010

Settling In and some videos

We are here and settling in, unpacking, and doing a little Christmas decorating and baking :) Our first few days here started off a little rough. Hannah had a cold and was not adjusting to being back as well as we thought she would. So we had a few nights of interrupted sleep and tiring days, but I'm happy to say that we are now back on track and enjoying be in our home in SC. Our neighbors are excited that we're back. Nina who was watching the house for us, left us some milk and eggs and toilet paper to get us through the first morning before we could make it to the store. So sweet of her. We have pretty much unpacked everything except the basic decor and such, but we did put up a few Christmas decorations. I just couldn't help it.

We really enjoyed staying with Mamaw Lizzy and are so thankful she opened her home to us during that time. It was not an easy decision to come back to SC, but we know it was the best decision and are prepared to stay here as long as we need to. So we are moving forward and are focusing on all the positives!

Before we left TN, we tried to clean up Mamaw Lizzy's house the best we could, it was already clean but we wanted it to be spic and span. LIttle did we know her mopping routine. First I swiffered the floor and then she handed me something that was similar to a swiffer to go over the floor again. THEN she plugged in the steam mop to "sanitize" the floor. So I happily mopped the floor with that. She looked at the bottom of the pad and it was tinted gray. So she did a quick rinse in the washing machine to clean it, then I steam mopped again. The floor was still "dirty" so I did it again. Then while she was washing the pad again, I fell in the floor in front of Matt with back pain and begged him to mop the next round. So he did, see the video below. After he mopped and told Mamaw that it was good enough. She snuck and did one more round of mopping. It was craziness, but I love her. We ate breakfast on the floor the next morning because it was cleaner than the table. ;)

Matt Mopping, Round 7 from Lindsay Bledsoe on Vimeo.



We also have been doing A LOT of dancing or "dince" as Hannah calls it. She just loves to "dince" Here is a video of a dancing sessions.

Dancing at Mamaw Lizzy's from Lindsay Bledsoe on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice..... my grandaughter the rapper. lol

Matt looks so natural with a mop in his hands. hee hee

See ya soon.
mom

Anonymous said...

I don't think Maw Maw would like my floors. LOL!

Adriane