Friday, September 17, 2010

Amanda and Michael come to visit




Amanda and Michael stayed with us Sun. -Tuesday on their way to Hilton Head. Now that we live a little over 8 hours from each other, Amanda and I only get to see each other once a year, and we both are not big fans of long phone conversations, (I guess we need to get over that) but when we do see each other I feel like we're as close as we used to be, just a little bit more grown up. It was refreshing for Matt and I to spend time with them, they are a really fun couple! It was nice just to laugh and tell funny stories and be relaxed together. Hannah loved them too. She went to Amanda as soon as she walked in the door and she developed a new and crazy little laugh while they were here (I think it was an attention-getter but very cute and funny). They will be awesome parents when that day comes :) I wish we lived closer to our friends, but it really makes us appreciate our time with them more when we do see them.

I think I've mostly come to terms with being away from people that Matt and I care about the most, but it still hits me some days and it's hard to accept. We said goodbye and as they drove off, Hannah stood at the window saying in her sweet little voice "bye bye, bye bye" and it just broke my heart...I'm crying just writing this. But I know that God has us here for a reason and we do enjoy our life together here in SC, but it would be nice to go back home one day. Until then, we're trying to be as content as we can and flourish where God has us in this season of life.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad that Amanda was able to come and visit. I'm sure you loved being able to be around each other and see each in person! :)

I think it's okay to feel sad sometimes about being away from close friends. Those friends have been there and know you... and it's hard when you start over in a place and no one knows anything about you! I hope you have made some close friends in SC. :)