Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peaches and Kittens

Last week at the farmer's market, I decided to buy a half-bushel of peaches because they were sooo delicious! I planned on making peach preserves with them, and IF I had any left I would make something else. Well...I made a batch of preserves and this is the picture of how many peaches were still left afterwards!! I don't know what I was thinking, but needless to say I had a lot left over. So, we've grilled them (which we were not big fans of), ate them fresh (Hannah loves them), and I peeled and froze a gallon freezer bag full and we still have about 6 left to eat! I'm thinking of trying some peach ice cream, and maybe something else....any suggestions?

Besides going peach crazy, Hannah made some friends with some stray kittens this morning and they played through the window for almost an hour. She discovered them after we finished breakfast and was still in her PJ's. Hannah made some lion and doggy noises (right now she thinks most animals bark) and banged the window, but it never scared them enough to run away. So I'm glad they had fun, but I hope we haven't started something with these kittens. It's the second litter in the last two months that we've had in our back woods. I don't want to call the pound, but for the kitty's sake I think we may have to.

We also joined a new Gym that j recently opened less than 5 minutes from our house. We did this for a variety of reasons. #1 It's something Matt and I can go and have fun together while getting in shape. #2 Walking through the neighborhood with Hannah wasn't enough to help me meet my goal of being a body builder...jk but I do need some weight training! #3 It's a good way for Hannah and I to make some friends. Yesterday I left Hannah in the KidsCare for the first time and she loved it. I was so surprised. I went to pick her up about an hour later and she was doing laps around this kiddie table (while holding on) and watching the older kids play. Then we walked out of kidscare, then walked out of the gym doors, and THEN she started crying and lunging for the doors to go back inside!!! I couldn't believe it, she had that much fun. She got over it quickly, but it's good to know that she will enjoy being there while we're working out!

This is how much was left over after I made preserves...

a little blurry but as you can see Hannah enjoyed the peaches too!


I gave up on the pigtails and went straight for the unicorn look :)




ROAR!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One kitten to the other........isn't that the cutest human baby you've ever seen?

The peaches look delicious....and guess what....I did the very exact same thing. I know peach cobbler will be yummy this winter though.

love,
mom

Lauren said...

That is a ton of peaches!! :) I love peaches!

Hannah is so so cute! Love that little unicorn look. And your house looks so pretty!