Hannah and I had our first road trip, just the two of us, to TN last week. Matt was working 2nd shift last week and we normally don't see much of him on those days so we decided to take a road trip to see the fam. I was a little nervous about driving to Maryville by myself, but Hannah did really good overall. I had to stop and pee on the way there, and I had my first experience of peeing while holding a baby (I didn't want to unpack the stroller just to go in and pee)...it wasn't as hard as I thought, until I realized the stall was out of toilet paper! So we sat there and Hannah pointed (didn't touch) at all the shiny things in the stall while I drip dried...YIKES that may be TMI but it happened. So anyway we made it and had a really fun week. Stefan and I got to hang quite a bit, we shopped, played tennis, and ate yummy food! He's more of a shopper than I used to be (I think), and a really good cook(kind of fancy for my taste, but good none the less)!! Mom kept me up later than I'm used to, but we had fun spending some extra time together, we cleaned out all my old stuff in my closet one night and found all kinds of funny things. Like an old diary and when we finally unlocked it, I had tore out the pages I had written on! I wish I had kept those, must have been some juicy stuff, haha. We also tried to do a (late one year) photo shoot of Hannah in the backyard with an antique buggy mom had, but it started to rain and Hannah was going crazy in the grass so it was cut short. I did get a few okay shots, but I will have to try again.








On thursday we drove to Mamaw's to break the trip back up a little bit and we took Hannah to the farm to see the cows. She made her "oof oof" sound for doggy at the cows, so I guess she thinks they're big dogs? She has no fear of any animal at this point. I love pictures of farm stuff, I guess it's my way of dreaming about living on a farm one day (if that day ever comes).





When we made it back to SC, Matt had Friday off, and a co-worker had given him free passes to the SC State Museum so I told him we had to go. It was something to do, but it would be better for elementary aged kids. Hannah liked looking at everything even though she didn't know what it was. I couldn't get Matt to nicely pose for picture and when he finally did, he put bunny ears on Hannah...*sigh* ;)


4 comments:
Have you thought about taking her to the zoo? I hear that its pretty cool even for one year olds. I'm thinking about getting a membership for just me because kids under 3 get in free and you get 4 guest passes with it. So, I can take Scotty on my own but also use the guest passes for all three of us to go.
Oh, Our House, is me, Adriane. I forgot to sign my name!
Lindsay, you look so cute! :) I miss you, little friend!
I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mimi
Post a Comment