
Hannah playing with Matt and her Birthday Balloon
Sleeping with dolly
We just got back from Hannah's 1 year check up, she is snoozing away. She shared her toys with the Dr. and watched a bit of a movie in the waiting room, and cried when she got her shots but that was to be expected.
She is right under 20lbs. and she's 27 inches long. That is all normal since Matt and I are not tall people, however, the Dr. says her feet (still size 2) and hands are noticeably small so she's going to look into it, just for information purposes, not like we could really do anything about that. It may explain her not walking on her own right now, but nothing to worry about.
Here are some random facts about our little Hannah:
She loves loves music. Anytime music comes on she will wiggle or rock or bob her head, it's so cute!
She loves to open and shut doors over and over.
She loves to press buttons, literally and figuratively. Apparently I wasn't watching her close enough with my cell phone and there was an added download this month, which I'm pretty sure is from her. She will press buttons on the TV remote, and she's figured out to play the music on her swing which is by her crib. I woke up to the sounds of loud mozart music coming through the monitor tuesday morning. I ran in her room and she was standing there playing with the buttons on her swing which is right by her crib. I flipped on the light and she fell to the crib and laid her head down and then smiled at me. It was hilarious.
She's learning to roll the ball but she gets easily distracted with other things around the room.
She likes being in the pool so far and doesn't seem to have any fear of the water or of anything for that matter.
She points at every light and says something...not "light" but she mumbles something.
She likes to flip through the pages in a book but not long enough for me to read each page so we elaborate.
This Sunday was the first time I had to go get her from the nursery, there was a man working in there that week and it really bothered her for some reason. She was fine once I took her with me.
Our days are a little different every day. We have a routine but somedays we play longer or she takes a longer nap (still taking 2 a day). She goes to bed around 7 and wakes up around 7, which is nice for Matt and I so we have some down time together after she goes to bed. I won't comment on how she sleeps because anytime I do she proves me wrong.
That's about it, she's just full of energy and we pretty much have to keep our eye on her all the time, unless she's in her room which we have baby proofed. We're having a lot of fun though.
This past weekend mom and dad came up and it was nice to celebrate Father's Day with both of the dads in my life. That's another thing, Hannah LOVES matt. She claps when he walks in the door after work. We spend the weekend eating, finishing up our patio, trying to save a deer, went to a few garage sales (I had my first encounter with an actual hoarder and it was seriously sad), and just hanging out. It was fun and Hannah always loves to have the extra attention :)
4 comments:
We had fun......miss you guys.
Oh, you have to tell about the deer and the phone calls to report it. Human Services????
lol
love, mom
So sweet!! Natalie has that flower onesie that I saw on Hannah in one of the first pics in this post! I love that! She also has the little lion and loves loves it too. Hannah is precious. Thanks also for your call yesterday, I did not die although I havent been posting much lately. We are in Wilmington right now with Brents folks- well Nat and I are. Brent has begun his job in Nashville. It's hard being apart but I will see him in a week, so it's not too long. Love ya!
Mom- I don't think I can type that story to it's fullest potential. That's one of those you have to tell in person!
Rebekah-
I'm glad you are doing well and spending time with Brent's family. Be safe traveling!
I LOVE the story about her pushing buttons and then laying down and smiling. Cute :)
Post a Comment