So I started to REALLY coupon about a year ago as a hobby and challenge for myself and now that I'm at home it really helps us stretch the budget and use the grocery money in other areas. I was saving $40-$60 per trip. At the time I was buying more prepackaged things since I was working. Unfortunately that's where most of the couponing saves money. Now, that I make more things from scratch and have been buying more organic items I've been saving around $20-30 per trip which is still good.
I shop at Kroger and Publix where shopping is a pleasure :) They may be a little more expensive but they double coupons and they load my groceries and I don't leave with a headache like I do when I go to Walmart. I get most of our toiletry items on sale at the grocery store or get great deals at Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid. Last year I had an all time great trip to Walgreens. I bought 56.00 worth of items I didn't necessarily need but I got it all for FREE....I had to buy a tube of Burt's Bees lip gloss at the end just so they wouldn't owe me! That is rare but it's possible if everything goes your way.
So if you don't already coupon I hope this inspires you to check into it. Money saving mom blog is what I like to use and I started with a free trial on the GROCERY GAME just to get me started on how everything works. Oh yeah and they are some CRAZY ladies out there that clear the shelves. I've heard the go on Sunday morning before church!! But they always get to the good deals on the diapers before I do... one day I will beat them. May the force be with you!! ;)
My baseball card method- I got some crazy looks from people with this, but who cares I'm Saving Money!
My new organizer
My best trip ever! I paid .96 for almost $60 worth of stuff
3 comments:
That is a way cute organizer. I've tried the couponing thing, but not successfully. I always spent more (over $100) a trip when I tried to do coupons faithfully, so it's a no go most times. However, I did use Harris Teeter's Triple Coupons week to get $60 worth of stuff for $22, which was pretty darn good for me :) I'm glad you've gotten on board with it and that it's working out so well!
That's awesome Lauren! I've heard HT has great deals! I wish we had one :(
That's great Lindsay! I enjoy couponing too, but I don't have as many as you do, that's for sure! Thanks for this post- it was a very helpful blog :). I am in awe that you got $60 worth of stuff for free- you go girlie!
Post a Comment