Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New shoes, well kinda...

For those of you who only like posts with pictures of Hannah (ahem Mom and Karen) sorry to dissapoint but I just wanted to share a fun project I worked on yesterday. I found this neat idea here to repurpose some old flats by covering them with material and Mod Podge. Well I had just the pair and some cool vintage fabric to use. So here is the before and after.

BEFORE




AFTER!!

These turned out really well and it was pretty easy just messy project. Instead of explaining how I did it you can click here to see how the original crafter did it. She has detailed instructions. There is only one thing about the shoes that didn't turn out so well but it's kind of a big deal...I can't actually walk in them!! I was so excited to wear them around so I put them on this morning to do a few things around the house and I could barely make it to the kitchen. Where the Mod Podge has dried around the inside heal of the shoe it is SHARP and painful. So my plan is just to wear them while I'm sitting down. jk I will have to come up with a plan to soften that heal or something to put over it. Let me know if you have any suggestions.


5 comments:

Karen said...

The shoes are beautiful. How about lining the inside with thick felt material? This may soften up the rework. Good Luck! Love from your Auntie Karen

Lauren V. said...

Those are ADORABLE! Seriously, I love them. Let me know if you figure out how to help that issue - I may have to do a little project of my own!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I looooove them!!!! I'll take a size 8 in those.

Love the pics of little Hannah too. She is changing sooo much. I'll see you all tomorrow. Can't wait. love, mom

Lauren said...

hahaha, Lindsay! I am cracking up how you just will wear them while sitting down!

They are very cute! You've been updating your blog a lot lately.. I'm proud of you! I don't do a very good job at all.. Glad to see little Hannah growing! She's so cute!

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

Just so you know I am wearing my shoes while I'm sitting at the computer. They're getting good use :)


I will try the felt Karen, that's a good idea.