Thursday, June 18, 2009

Practice Run

Matt and I had a good practice run yesterday.  Since I had an appt. at the hospital, Matt came home from work early to take me, and we decided to go ahead and pack up everything in the car like it was the REAL DEAL.  Honestly, I got nervous taking everything with us, it made everything seem very real but it was exciting too.  Matt tried a different route to the hospital and it was a success, a lot less traffic.  So I'd say we're definitely ready to go when the time comes, it only took us about 10 minutes to pack what was left out of our bags and get it into the car, plus 30 minutes to the hospital.  

As for Hannah, she is perfectly satisfied where she is right now.  We saw her on the ultrasound and she is practicing breathing and swallowing.  We actually saw her swallow, she pushes her little lips in and out like a fish, it was cute!!  We didn't see a clear image of her features because of her positioning and the lower amount of fluid in front of her face, so her sweet face will still be a surprise for us on her birthday.  Her reaction time was good and the amount of amniotic fluid was normal.  Her weight was estimated to be at 7.5 and her head measured at 38 weeks, so she has a little head (which will hopefully make delivering her a little easier).  She scored an 8 out of 8 (pretty good for her first test :) ) so that means she is free to stay longer and my health is good also so they won't induce until 41 weeks and 5 days, next Friday.  We will have a baby for sure by next Friday!  The midwife gave me a few unusual tips for inducing labor so we'll see if any of those work...I know God's timing is perfect and Hannah will come when she is ready.

I think Hannah would be the perfect gift for Matt on Father's Day, maybe the timing will work out that way :)

3 comments:

mom said...

Yes indeed.....that would make a wonderful Father's Day present. (Just don't deliver during the car race) haha JK!!!!!

So, how is your straight shift driving lessons going? Labor pains in my left leg.......lol, lol.

love u, mom

Karen said...

I am so very excited and happy for you. Hannah is so lucky to have you and Matt as parents. With Lynn and David as grandparents, Hannah will indeed be a very special little girl. Thank you for your phone call on Thursday. It meant a lot to me. You and your family will always be in my prayers. Love you, Auntie Karen

Laura said...

Oh Lindsay can't wait till Hannah gets here! I went over to 41 weeks, I know how excited you are to see her! Oh by the way if she come on the 20th that would be my birthday:) Anyhow, I'll be praying for a smooth delivery!